Friday, October 8, 2010

Geology

Hello Long lost readers who have yet to find this fascinating blog,
I have realized that this is an excellent forum for writing the outline to bigger projects. So, as my political rants (all 3) have not landed me in the White House for their shear genius I have decided to adventure into the world of history and science. I am going to start writing here about the geology of Texas. Through which I hope to piece together the many publications that are scattered through student thesis, BEG publications, oil journals, and various guide books, sprinkled with my own travels in the oil patch and along highways in this great State. How to do this, not yet sure. but I think I will start by:
1. Organize all my material and see what I need
2. Put together key maps, both geological and paleogeographic, and cross-sections through the different terrains. Source will be maps, publications ect...
3. Put together strat. columns for different areas in Texas and correlate them time wise- most of this is done just need to redraft so it makes sense to me.
4. Write a brief outline for each of the major events in Texas history- not including the election of Ann Richards.
5. Finally- start really reading and writing about each of the areas and times involved, along with references.
But first I owe the geo-world a signal publication. Wish me luck-

No comments:

Post a Comment